Slow Cooker Sesame Ginger Chicken
A grain free, paleo, slow cooker chicken dish with a low carb version.
- 1 ½ lbs skinless boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- ⅓ cup chicken broth, organic and gluten free kind
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos, or can use tamari sauce if you tolerate soy
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice: erythritol for low carb , or honey for paleo
- 1 tsp ground ginger , or ½ tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper , chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
In a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker combine: tomato puree, apricot jam, chicken broth, coconut aminos or tamari, sesame oil, sweetener of choice, ginger, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic, and onion.
Stir and mix together the ingredients in the slow cooker.
Add chicken and toss to coat in the sauce.
Scatter the chopped red bell pepper over the top of the chicken.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or more on high, or 5 ½ to 6 hours or more on low.
Garnish and sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds before serving.
Serve. Can serve by itself or over cauliflower rice, recipe here. (the rice recipe is under the pork recipe)
Nutritional Data for Low Carb Version (using Nature’s Hollow sugar free jam and Swerve sweetener): Servings: 1 serving out of 5 servings, Cal: 220, Carbs: 10 g, Net Carbs: 7 g, Fiber: 3 g, Fat: 9 g, Protein: 26 g, Sugars: 2 g.
Nutritional Data for Paleo Version (using fruit only sweetened jam and honey): Servings: 1 serving out of 5, Cal: 255, Carbs: 18 g, Net Carbs: 15 g, Fiber: 3 g, Fat: 9 g, Protein: 26 g, Sugars: 13 g.